Accounting is one of those careers that will never go obsolete despite the evolution of technology. Therefore, having knowledge in accounting will increase your chances of getting a job in almost any market space you desire. The bureau of labor statistics (BLS) projects a growth of 6% job growth rate in the next 10 years in the field of accounting.
Why you should pursue an online graduate certificate in accounting in accounting
The best thing about accounting is the fact that you can start from the lowest level as you upgrade to the highest level. In addition, you can begin a career path immediately after pursuing a certificate in accounting as it takes less time and also cheaper. There are various reasons as to why to venture into online accounting study.
- Every industry requires an accountant- With this skill, you can be able to venture into any industry of your desire.
- You can be able to work and continue to pursue an education in accounting from the comfort of your schedule because the online course is flexible enough.
- You can work abroad- it is possible for you to travel the world and work with your knowledge in accountancy. With the accreditation of the ACCA, you can be able to work in more than 12o countries.
- An accountant is ever on-demand as it’s all about qualification and skills. You can study online from a credible institution and acquire the right set of skills.
If you need help finding a college or university that offers your degree of preference, we can help. Click here to use our search engine to search for your favorite program. Below are some of the top 15 universities and colleges that offer online graduate certificate programs in accounting.
The Best 15 Universities And Colleges Offering Online Graduate Certificate In Accounting
1. University of Arizona (88 points)
As a provider of some of the nation’s highest-rated business programs, the University of Arizona Management at Arizona enrolls more than 6,500 students. Management students can choose from greater than 26 graduate, undergraduate, and certificate options, and many programs are available online. Arizona’s online graduate certificate in accounting needs a bare minimum of nine credits. Candidates choose at least three courses from options including advanced accounting, business law, and principles of auditing. The certificate track needs prerequisite coursework in financial accounting, managerial accounting, and federal taxation.
- Tuition fee: Local tuition 12,691 USD, Domestic tuition 36,718 USD
- Graduation rate: 59.9%
- Acceptance Rate: 84.6%
2. University of Alaska – Fairbanks (84 points)
The University of Alaska offers online education in accounting that provides its students with 100% availability of flexible and affordable programs. Full-time online study can take at least a year to fully complete the 30 credit course and have an entry-level into the job market. The online format allows its students to continue working and tending to their personal and family needs as they earn a credible accountant certificate. The programs include bookkeeping, human resources, and other accounting skills, including technology and communication.
- The tuition fee is $7,020 per year
- The acceptance rate is 76%
- The graduation rate is 29%
3.University of Massachusetts – Lowell, MA ( 76points)
The University of Massachusetts offers an online certificate program in accounting that is practical, friendly, and affordable. The institution is rich in diversity; thus, new students are easily integrated into the community. Their program, which is a 5-course -18 credit program, is designed to suit both working adults and students within their institution. The certificate program fulfills the student’s career with accounting knowledge and has a reputable name in the job market.
- The tuition fee is approximately $5,940 per year
- The graduation rate is 55%
- The acceptance rate is 72%
4. Brigham Young University- Provo, Utah (73 points)
Brigham Young University is a church private owned university that offers online education on accounting in certificate programs. The school is known for its top-notch, affordable, and rich student outreach education program. The online accounting certificate program is designed to help the students for an entry-level accounting job in any setting presented, small business, corporate, or even a government setting market base. It’s recognized as an institution that values great and quality education and offers 15 credits for financial accounting courses. If you are a member or have a close tie with any member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day saint, you get to pay 25% less than other students.
- The tuition fee is estimated at around $2400 per year
- The graduation rate is 62%
- The acceptance rate is 64%
5. University of Louisville- Louisville, Kentucky (70 points)
The University of Louisville provides online education on accounting which has long provided an opportunity for both working adults and students. The best part is its affordability and availability. It’s a fully online, 21-credit program designed to prepare students for their CPA exam. The certificate in accounting is more useful for those who would love to change or move into accounting for financial freedom.
- The tuition fee is $10,479 per year
- The acceptance rate is 76%
- The graduation rate is 52%
6. Northeastern University- Boston, Massachusetts (67 points)
Northeastern University is known for its cooperative education and offers online accounting education in accounting. It is combined with a great work experience with a system that has been influential in higher education, that has been ranked #40 national universities in the U.S. News. The convenience of the online certificate program is intended to help both working adults and students earn the necessary credentials needed to start a new career in accounting. Professionals in any administrative role like bookkeeping may find the certificate helpful for their skill advancement and improvement. The school is a trusted source that offers 18 credits for the completion of the entire certification course.
- The tuition fee is $1600 per course
- The graduation rate is 84%
- The acceptance rate is 19%
7. New England College of Business at Cambridge College (65 points)
New Englands College of Business is a private, online university. It is a small institution with an enrollment of 230 undergraduate students located at Henniker, NH. You will get ahead in the present day’s complex and dynamic marketplace with online business management and business degree programs. Their popular majors are Business, Marketing, and Accounting. New England College of Business graduates 100% of its students.
- Tuition fee: 38,670 USD per year
- Graduation rate: unavailable
- Acceptance Rate: 100%
8. Penn State World Campus- Pennsylvania (63 points)
Penn State World Campus offers an online graduate certificate in accounting and is widely ranked as one of the greatest online educators in the world. It is the second-largest college at Penn State and has a diverse school culture that enables easy accommodation of students from different cultures. The school offers 12 credits, and it’s AACSB accredited. The coursework within the program offers you an opportunity to learn and practice theoretical auditing and supplement your knowledge with courses in the discipline of your choice, which may include cost management, financial statements, tax, and decision-making report.
- Tuition per year- $11,412
- The graduation rate is- 38%
- The acceptance rate is 54%
9. Foothill College – Los Altos Hills- California (61 points)
Foothill College is recognized as one of California’s top community colleges that offer online courses in the certificate in accounting. The school offers several different levels of an online certificate in accounting. The certificate in CPA examination preparation requires 40 credits, the financial accounting career certificate requires 25 credits, as the tax accounting career certificate needs 27 credits. All of these programs provide the students with a broader picture of all elements in accounting for any business prospect. The school is well known for its friendly nature, from the students to the lectures where the programs are flexible to fit your busy schedule.
- Tuition per semester is approximately $2,270 with an enrollment fee of $31 per unit.
- The acceptance rate is 100%
- The graduation rate is 13%
10. California State University – San Bernardino (58 points)
California State University is one of the most diverse colleges in the nation that offers online certificate education on accounting. The school is committed to uplift its fellow students on social mobility. The online certificate has been designed to provide a professional base for all those who want to pursue an accounting career. There are 8 courses, and you can take two courses to complete in a span of only 6 months for the progress of an entry job or upgrade in education. It’s 100% online-based to get you into your career path
- The tuition fee is $10,800 per full unit course
- The acceptance rate is 55%
- The graduation rate is 76%
11. Northwestern University – Evanston, Illinois (55 points)
Northwestern University is one of the nation’s best and most selective schools that offers online certificate programs in accounting. It has a good reputation for graduates who are good in service delivery and a high absorption rate into the market. The fundamentals of an accounting certificate equip the students with the basic set of skills in the accounting field. This online course gives students a flexible format that is well suited for even people who are already working and seeking to add to their knowledge. The mobile and friendly school schedule allows the students to add to their extracurricular responsibilities as they earn life-changing credentials onto their resumes. They offer only 5 courses at $2054 per unit.
- The tuition fee is approximately $10,270 per year, with a technology fee for the online course at $125.
- The acceptance rate is 8%
- The graduation rate is 94%
12. UC Berkeley Extension (51 points)
The University of California at Berkeley is a public research university in Berkeley, California. Founded in 1868, Berkeley is the flagship institution of the ten research universities affiliated with the University of California system. The Certificate Program in Accounting offered at UC Berkeley Extension features an affordable online curriculum that is overseen by an advisory board.
- Tuition fee: $11,000 per year
- Graduation rate: 8%
- The acceptance rate is 17%
13. Auburn University-Auburn, Alabama (47 points)
Auburn University offers an online certificate program in accounting. The school is accredited by the AACSB and made for affordability, top-services, and convenience. The online classes are taught by credible and reliable school lecturers that are professionals and experts in the field of accounting.
- The tuition fee per credit hour is $2,325
- The graduation rate is 75%
- The acceptance rate is 75%
14. University of Virginia- Charlottesville, Virginia (45 points)
The University of Virginia is one of the most illustrious schools that offer credible online certificate courses on accounting. The certificate program provides an affordable flexible format. Most of the part-time students can earn the 30 credit accounting certificate in less than two years which helps them earn a foundation in accounting basics that can provide access to entry-level accounting jobs. At the University of Virginia, You’ll learn how to prepare these financial statements beyond recording transactions, then interpret and evaluate them to draw basic conclusions regarding the financial stability of a company.
- The tuition fee is $488 per credit
- The graduation rate is 94%
- The acceptance rate is 26%
15. University of California-Berkeley (42 points)
The University Of California is a recognized institution that offers an online accounting certificate and it’s ranked as one of the best public universities in the nation. The school offers a flexible schedule and it’s taught by experienced and expert lecturers. The school is ideal for working adults who are either adding skills in accountancy or refining their knowledge or seeking challenge and support in the field. Its graduates have an unmatched level of job demand once done with the 6 required courses which add up to 24 credits. It’s highly affordable and it’s designed to help the students to pass their CPA exams.
- The tuition is approximately $9,400 per year
- The graduation rate is 92%
- The acceptance rate is 15%
This ranking was based on the analysis of best software data from the U.S. Department of Education’s College Scorecard and the respective university websites. The schools were ranked based on tuition amounts and acceptance rate. Both factors were accorded 50 points and each school was assigned points based on how it compared with others on tuition amounts and acceptance rate. The points earned for both ranking factors were then added together to get each school’s total score. The school with the most points ranked first in the list and the points were accorded down the list accordingly.
We strive to provide current and accurate information to our readers. If you’re associated with one of the schools we ranked above and you realize an error in the information provided, please feel free to contact us and let us know so we can make any necessary corrections.