AAC’s Behavioral Health Academic Scholarship Program
The AAC is offering 3 scholarships for those studying in a field that allows them to give back. You could be the recipient of a $5,000 or $2,500 scholarship by following the instructions below.
AAC has facilities nationwide all dedicated to the rehabilitation of those suffering from alcohol and drug addiction, or other mental/behavioral health issues, and wants to aid the education of others in this field of study.
AAC would like to help students financially who are pursuing careers in behavioral health and/or addiction-related studies. Eligible students include those enrolled in behavioral health, nursing, counseling, psychology, social work, marriage/family therapy, or other focused studies on treating mental health/substance abuse issues.
- First place: $5,000
- Second & Third places: $2,500
- Scholarship Application Deadline: Not yet announced for 2020
- Award Date: August 2020
- High school graduates as of summer 2019
- Full or part-time undergraduate or college graduate students
- Those entering or enrolled in behavioral health, nursing, counseling, psychology, social work, marriage/family therapy, or other program focused on treating mental health/substance abuse.
- Answer the essay question found here in no more than 800-1,000 words.
- Fill out the online scholarship application form.
All essays are reviewed by a committee selected by AAC, this same committee will then choose the respective winners around August 2020.