Pulling all-nighters to write that research paper that you’ve known all semester about is the classic college story. This list of free-access, academic journals makes getting the research done easier and may even save time for a few hours of shuteye before that 8:00 am deadline. Find the category and journal you need below.
- Astronomy Education Review: Free online journal for astronomy and space-science education.
- DNA Research: Oxford Journals provides a peer-reviewed look at genes and genomes.
- McGill Science Undergraduate Research Journal: This peer-reviewed journal provides opportunity for undergraduates to publish their scientific work and research.
- The Journal of Nonlinear Science and Applications: An international research journal of nonlinear analysis and its applications.
- Pacific Journal of Science and Technology:A peer-reviewed journal of non-commercial scientific research, theories and observations.
- Journal of Biological Engineering: A journal dedicated to the emerging technology and discipline of biological engineering.
- Mathematical Physics Electronic Journal: A platform for mathematicians and physicists to publish work and theories.
- Maejo International Journal of Science and Technology: Peer-reviewed research centered around communications in science and technology.
- Silpakorn University Science and Technology Journal: A tri-annual, peer-reviewed journal producing articles about science, health, animals, agriculture, engineering, and technology.
- AJP Reports: A journal serving as a companion to the American Journal of Perinatology.
- Baylor University Medical Center Proceedings:This peer-reviewed journal contains the research and clinicals activities in the Baylor Health Care System.
- Medical Education Online: A peer-reviewed, international journal for the training of physicians and healthcare professionals.
- Mayo Clinic Proceedings: A peer-reviewed, medical journal sponsored by the Mayo Clinic.
- North Carolina Medical Journal: A peer-reviewed journal with a new policy forum, and each issue focuses on various health topics.
- The New England Journal of Medicine: This is a compilation of research for physicians in biomedical science and clinical practice.
- The Journal of Neuroscience: Papers addressing topics of interest in neuroscience and the nervous system for physicians and researchers.
Economics & Business
- Journal of Business Venturing: Exploring the impact of cross-cultural experience on an individual’s ability to engage in profitable, entrepreneurial opportunities.
- The Mechanisms of the Business Cycle in the Postwar Era: The systematic fluctuations of the business cycle in the postwar period.
- What Does Organized Business Want? A Look At India: How business views higher education and what companies expect from universities.
- Bifröst Journal of Social Science: Peer-reviewed articles in the fields of business, law, economics, and more.
- Journal of Economics and Business: Articles in the field of finance and economics through applied and theoretical research.
- International Journal of Economics and Business Research: Economic and business issues as applied to the private profit sector.
- Journal of Global Economics, Management and Business Research: Strategies and policies of economics at the micro and macro level.
- African Studies Quarterly: A journal providing research about topics on the African continent.
- History of Intellectual Culture: A peer-reviewed journal serving as a forum for discussions about ideologies as well as state and community formation.
- eSharp: An international journal for postgraduate level work in arts, humanities, and social sciences.
- The 49th Parallel: A peer-reviewed journal about American and Canadian studies.
- Nordic Journal of African Studies: An interdisciplinary journal focused on Africa, primarily the topics of language studies, literatures, and cultural studies.
- Delaware Review of Latin American Studies: A journal addressing all aspects of Latin American society, culture, and history.
- Social Sciences: Anthropology, economics, law, linguistics, geography, and education covered in an international open-access journal.
- International Journal of Humanities and Social Science: An intellectual platform for interdisciplinary studies in humanities and social science through peer-reviewed articles.
Law & Politics
- Journal of Gender, Social Policy and the Law: A journal addressing gender issues and feminist legal studies.
- Administrative Law Review: Published by the Washington College of Law, this journal comments on administrative law issues.
- Duke Law Journal: Student-written and edited legal writing articles.
- International Socialism: A quarterly published review of socialist theory.
- Columbia Law Review: A student-edited and published law journal released eight times annually.
- International Journal of Not-For-Profit Law: An analysis of global civil society affecting the legal environment.
- Law, Social Justice and Global Development Journal: A journal commenting on the legal issues concerning globalization and its impact on social development.
- European Journal of Law and Technology: Articles focused on issues in law and technology in Europe.
- Entertainment and Sports Law: A journal focused on the legal theories and practices in the growing and changing realm of entertainment and sports law.
- Harvard Human Rights Journal: Domestic and human rights issues addressed on an international scale.
- Administrative Issues Journal: Education, Practice and Research: A university-based journal focused on expanding the discussion surrounding administration theory and practice.
- AILACTE Journal: A journal for independent liberal arts colleges for teacher education.
- Australasian Journal of Educational Technology: Research examining the integration of technology in education and effective practices.
- Contemporary Issues in Early Childhood: An international research journal with peer-reviewed articles about early childhood issues.
- Current Issues in Education: An academic, education peer-reviewed journal covering both national and international educational issues.
- The Journal of Cases in Educational Leadership: A journal dedicated to cases demonstrating educational leadership qualities.
- International Journal of Multicultural Education: Promoting understanding of multicultural issues in education through a peer-reviewed journal.
- Education Next: Research, ideas, and arguments about necessary change to the American K-12 education system with a focus on evidence rather than plans and ideologies.
- Education Theory: Scholarship and debate surrounding the foundations of education, its policies, ideas, and values.
Art & Design
- Museum and Society: A journal for academic and museum professionals to comment on museums.
- International Journal of Education and Arts: A commentary on the significance of arts in education.
- Bryn Mawr Review of Comparative Literature: A review and comparative look at new literature.
- Music Theory Online: Criticism, commentary and research about musical theory published four times annually.
- Early Modern Literary Studies: A scholarly discussion and literary review of English literature, culture, and language.
- International Journal of Art and Design Education: An international forum for art and design research as well as creative education.
- National Journal of Design: A peer-reviewed journal publishing design articles covering industrial, visual communication, interface, animation, and game design.
- Journal of Design History: Addressing topics from design history development to visual and material culture.
- Online Journal of Art and Design: Art and design innovations, ideas, and research discovery recorded in an open access journal.
- Art and Design Review: A platform for sharing, promoting, and discussing a peer-reviewed look at developments in art and design.