If you are looking for new career opportunities, one of the best ways to do that is to pursue your master’s in business administration (MBA). Getting an MBA required dedication as it will take up a good portion of your time and is hard work, not to mention the financial investment. Even getting accepted can be difficult as many find that completing the application itself is a significant undertaking.
Most of those that have chosen to get their MBA have done so with no regrets. It has led them to pursue higher-level management positions and management opportunities that would not be available to them without having an MBA degree. Many MBA graduates also say that getting an MBA has changed them and how they think. After getting their degree, many people change industries, career goals and many more seek out leadership positions.
Top 5 MBA Programs in the USA
|1||Stanford University||Stanford, California|
|2||University of Pennsylvania||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania|
|3||Northwestern University||Evanston, Illinois|
|4||Massachusetts Institute of Technology||Cambridge, Massachusetts|
|5||University of Chicago||Chicago, Illinois|
Here are some of the benefits of pursuing an MBA:
· Better and more effective communications skills: Communication is key and those pursuing an MBA will learn how to write papers, give presentations, draft proposals, and other communications that will elevate the student’s ability to present themselves in a much for professional and succinct manner.
· Learn to work as a team: Those in leadership roles understand the importance of working with others. Working in a team is about getting an entire group of people to work towards the same goal for the betterment of the organization and themselves. An MBA program provides the tools needed to build successful teams and work with them effectively. Students will learn how to make difficult decisions and garner feedback.
· Learn about different industries and opportunities to grow: Pursuing an MBA can fast-track students into a whole new realm of jobs that require applicants to have an MBA. Students will work with industry leaders, career experts, and professors that may have real life experiences that enable students to grow and make new connections, which can lead to new/different career opportunities.
· Learn new skills and increase value: As students study, they learn new skills that undergraduates would not have. Many MBA graduates state that through their coursework they have increased their knowledge from a leadership perspective and often look at consulting, becoming an entrepreneur, or an expert in their industry.
· More Management and leadership roles await: Getting an MBA is hard work. One of the main reasons that many pursue their MBA is that as they elevate their career in management and leadership roles, they have the opportunity to make more money and receive more job offers. Many graduates find themselves leading teams in industries they never considered before obtaining their degree.
As an MBA, students find the confidence they have never had before, they seek new executive opportunities, broaden their knowledge, and increase functionality in how organizations run. Many find their MBA so rewarding that they continue their education and receive a doctoral degree or pursue studies in a particular field.
The 7 Best MBA Programs in the USA
The Stanford Graduate School of Business is consistently ranked as one of the best business schools in not just the U.S., but in the world. It is also one of the most selective, in admitting only around 6% of the applicants that apply.
The school offers numerous MBA degrees and Ph.D. programs. It is also one of the first colleges to offer a LEAD (which stands for learn, engage, accelerate, and disrupt) certification program.
Stamford has consistently been a leader in global business research and teaching. The MBA program can be conducted during a full-time program, part-time program, and the Stanford MSx Program, which is a full-time program designed for students that are in mid-career. The program helps students strengthen their capacity for management roles. This degree acknowledges the life experience of fellow and requires a set of core courses but is tailored for those that already have been in the workplace for several years.
University of Pennsylvania
The University of Pennsylvania – Wharton School, is held in extremely high esteem. It is known as a nationally ranked research university. It is a private Ivy League university that was founded in 1740, so it has been around longer than the U.S. Declaration of Independence.
After being located in Philadelphia for over 100 years, the campus moved to to what is now called University city. The University was home to the first student union, the first double-decker football stadium and the first arboretum in the area Morris Arboretum is on its grounds.
The Warton school has over 189 research centers and a research budget of $1.02 billion. The school currently students from all over the world. They come from diverse backgrounds which give the school a dynamic choice for an MBA.
Northwestern University – Kellogg School of Management, is located in Evanston, Illinois, on the banks of Lake Michigan. The school was founded in 1908 and was originally called Northwestern University’s School of Commerce and was the oldest business school in the world.
Kellogg School of Management is known for making significant contributions to a variety of different fields such as:
- Marketing and communications
- Management sciences
- Decision sciences
Kellogg offers a wide range of MBA programs:
- One Year Program: The fastest path
- Two Year MBA Program: Offers flexibility and great for those currently working
- MMM: A dual-degree, integrative program that gives students a solid business education and foundation
- JD-MBA: Provides the tools to become successful and a solid foundation should the student wish to pursue other degrees such as law or medicine.
Kellogg has garnered many accolades and has a who is who of notable alumni what include leaders of Allstate, DuPont, ExxonMobil, Target Corporation, Kraft Foods, and many more
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Sloan School of Management is located in Cambridge and offers bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs. They are considered to be one of the most selective schools in the U.S.
The Sloan School of Management began in 1914 as primarily an engineering school but moved on to include new curriculums with more of a focus on economics and statistics. The master’s degree program was conceived in 1925. Since it first started the school has worked on international efforts to improve global economies and provide more positive outcomes in the future.
Some of the degrees MIT Sloan School of Business offers include:
- School of Engineering
- School of Science
- Department of Economics
- Leaders for Global Operations
MIT is a great choice for those that may be currently working as they have a variety of class structures to help students with busy schedules.
University of Chicago
The school expanded, offering a master’s degree program in 1916 and then in 1922 launched a doctorate program. The school changed its name to the University of Chicago Booth School of Business after a $300 million gift was made.
The school has many research and learning centers including:
- Accounting Research Center
- Applied Theory Initiative
- Center for Decision Research
- Center for Population Economics
- Chicago Energy Initiative
- Fama-Miller Center for Research in Finance
- Initiative on Global Markets
- The Becker Friedman Institute for Research in Economics
- James M. Kilts Center for Marketing
The University and Booth continue to garner accolades from numerous educational and business outlets and has an impressive group of alumni from companies like Chevron, IBM, Morgan Stanley and Morningstar.
Harvard University is considered to be the oldest University in the U.S. located in Cambridge Massachusetts. It is considered to be one of the top Ivy League research universities in the U.S. and beyond. Harvard Business School is located in Boston and is consistently being ranked as one of the top colleges for an MBA. Harvard Business School offers a full-time MBA program and many executive-level continuing education programs.
The School has 10 different academic programs:
- Accounting and Management
- Business, Government, and the International Economy
- Entrepreneurial Management
- General Management
- Negotiation, Organizations & Markets
- Organizational Behavior
- Strategy studies
- Technology and Operations Management
Harvard is a very prestigious university offering a highly ranked business school. Students work beside peers and executive level faculty and leaders that will challenge and help accelerate career paths.
Columbia Business School is the business school of Columbia University located in Manhattan, New York. It was first established in 1916 and is considered to be one of the oldest business-oriented schools in the U.S.
The award-winning Columbia Business School began in 1945. Today it offers educational programs the earn a Certificate in Business Excellence and alumni status.
They offer a wide range of MBA programs including:
- Full-time MBA
- For Executive programs: The NY-EMBA Friday/Saturday program, EMBA-Global program, the EMBA-Americas program, and the EBMA-Global Asia program.
Students at Columbia Business School will learn from faculty and others that what they learn through the MBA program will enable them to apply their insights, research, and keep perspective into real word thinking. Helping them develop innovative plans and technologies to help solve real-world business and organizational issues.
Our Methodology: How Are MBA Programs Rated
Many factors go into our rating methodology. We consider the number of students currently taking part in the program, the student to faculty ratio, and the rate of graduation, first and foremost. We also look at the cost of tuition before any aid provisions are made.
Our overall goal is to be a valuable resource for that contemplating career advancement through education.
Many of the colleges listed also received positive feedback for their programs and in most cases have received awards and accolades.
If there is a school omitted from this list or if any information is incorrect, please contact us so omissions or corrections can be made. We want to provide the best information for mba programs in USA.