21
NOV
2016

Top Mental Health Issues Facing College Students

Mental health issues are prevalent on college campuses; according to the National Alliance on Mental Illness, 75% of lifetime mental illnesses start by the age of 24. It is important in these situations that students are able to not only recognize symptoms in themselves and their frie
Continue Reading →
18
AUG
2016

Sleep Deprived College Students: How does your school rank?

College is the time of all-night cramming for finals and late weekend parties. Between social lives, school assignments and jobs, university students have a lot on their plates. Needless to say, getting enough sleep generally slips through the cracks. However, that long-time trend is
Continue Reading →
14
JUN
2016

College Safety Guide

Attending college is a fun and unforgettable experience for all students. For just 4 years, students have the opportunity to be away from home, make friends, and be free from the responsibilities of having a full time career. While college is an exceptional experience, it is important
Continue Reading →
06
JUN
2016

Food For The Brain, Sleep, & Stress

As a college student, there are ample opportunities for brain farts, lack of sleep, and high stress situations. Luckily we have discovered a few foods that might help with all of three these situations. Discover ways to boost brain memory, increase brain function, sleep better, sleep
Continue Reading →
06
JUN
2016

Student Health Insurance Guide

Being a student is not getting any cheaper. Students have to pay for tuition, housing, food, and a myriad of other things that they never worried about before they left home. Along with utilities and phone bill, don’t forget about health insurance. While most college students don̵
Continue Reading →
02
JUN
2016

Stay Afloat in a Sea of Stress

You’ve got to get to the library on the other side of campus, print off your ten page paper, and then get to class in five minutes. As you are weaving through the crowd you start to feel light-headed. You are currently running on four hours of sleep and an empty stomach, but you have
Continue Reading →
14
APR
2016

College Campus Safety Guide

Campus Crime Statistics A study conducted in 2010 showed that 92,965 crimes were reported to campus police. Of these crimes, 97% were property crimes; the other 3% were violent crimes.   Violent Crimes: Nearly 2,800 violent crimes occurred in one year. 53% of these crimes were ag
Continue Reading →
21
MAR
2016

The Top Ten Student Recreation Centers

Having one of the top recreation centers in the country can mean you go to the gym more often, you attend classes, and more! Take a look at some of the BEST college recreation centers here on our top 10 list:   #10 Temple University The Blue Cross Recreation Center at Temple Univ
Continue Reading →
15
MAR
2016

College Fitness Suggestions & Tips

Ways to Stay in Shape Anywhere   Cardio INSIDE Jump Rope – with just a little bit of room inside a dorm room or apartment a mighty sweat can happen with just a simple jump roping activity. Spice up the routine by adding music, the  try jumping to the beat. Rock Climb –
Continue Reading →
15
MAR
2016

The College Guide To Nutrition

Researchers have shown that 1 in 4 freshman gain nearly 5% of their body weight (an average of 10 pounds) in the first semester of college alone. The freshman 15 is a legitimate concern for students entering this whole new lifestyle called college. Why does this weight gain occur? The
Continue Reading →